Samsung Pay FAQs
Extraco Banks retail customers can now use their Extraco Banks Discover Debit Card with Samsung Pay. Extraco customers can pay on the go at merchants who accept contactless payments and in participating merchant apps wherever Extraco Banks Cards are accepted.
As an Extraco Banks Customer, you can also get these features in Samsung Pay:
• Real-time notifications and details for your purchases when you use Samsung Pay on Galaxy® devices
• Notifications will be for your transactions made with Samsung Pay
• Samsung Pay offers REWARD POINTS for each transaction made using this form of payment
• Seamless connection with the Extraco Banks Mobile app for enhanced account monitoring, servicing on the go and access to rewards and offers
You can add your card in a few easy steps. The process for adding a card is a little different between your Galaxy device
• Install Samsung Pay application (you may need to install software update)
• Sign up for a Samsung Pay account by entering basic information
• Register your fingerprint or a pin code for authentication purposes
• Register your card of choice by positioning your card in the camera frame to automatically enter your card information. Enter the security code found on the back of your card, and fill in any remaining fields
If requested, follow additional steps to verify your card. After you confirm your Extraco Banks card has been added to your mobile device, you’re ready to use it in Samsung Pay.
Samsung Pay will work with Extraco Banks Consumer Discover Debit Cards.
You can use Samsung Pay to make payments in stores with supported devices wherever Extraco Banks Discover Debit Card contactless payments are accepted. Just look for the contactless and/or Samsung Pay symbol at checkout. You can also use Samsung Pay in participating merchant apps with supported devices. Look for the “Buy with Samsung Pay” or “Samsung Pay” button at checkout within the apps.
Want to learn more Samsung Pay? Visit Learn More Samsung Pay for more information.
The safety and security of your account information are of the highest importance. As a security measure, you may receive a “verification required” message when adding your card to Samsung Pay. Once verified, an on-screen message will appear stating that the card is ready for use. This verification is part of our multi-layered approach to security in payments.
Additionally, when we review mobile wallet providers we look for payment safety, quality of service, and ease of use for our customers. When you make payments with Samsung Pay and your Extraco Banks card:
• Your full card number is not shown to the merchant or to Samsung Pay
• All transactions are monitored by Extraco Fraud Alerts and fraud detection systems
• Purchases made using Samsung Pay are protected by Zero Liability, so you won’t be held responsible for promptly reported unauthorized transactions.
Your Extraco Banks Discover Debit Card in Samsung Pay is protected by “Touch ID”, "Face ID" and/or your device “Passcode.” For your security, when you make a purchase using Samsung Pay, you must either use “Touch ID”, "Face ID" or the “Passcode” for your device. All of your payment information will be encrypted in the Secure Element, a dedicated chip in your device.
You can learn more here
To deliver you the best Samsung Pay experience, we will display certain account information on your device, such as data for your recent purchases, for each Card you have selected to use with Samsung Pay, but not your full account information. At any time, you can turn off the display of transaction data manually within Samsung Pay by adjusting the “Card Notifications” for each Card. We will never share your plastic Card number with Samsung. If you have any additional questions about your device’s security features, please contact Samsung directly.