Founded on July 12, 1902, Extraco, at $1.5 billion in assets, is the largest and most comprehensive locally owned bank between Dallas & Austin. Extraco is dedicated to building people, businesses and communities with creative and innovative excellence. We dubbed the week of July 6 "Extraco Week" to celebrate 118 years & hosted week-long festivities.
COVID19 Dream Day - We know our customers have been impacted by the COVID19 pandemic – and we knew we wanted to do something to help bring a smile to their faces. Each branch team got together and thought of customers to nominate who they know have been impacted in the past couple of months. On July 7th, each branch team got to surprise their customers with checks and certificates! We love being able to put a smile on our customers faces and continue to remind them they are part of the Extraco family!
Extraco Trivia - Throughout the week, we gave out $20 H-E-B gift cards for those who answered Extraco trivia questions correctly on local iHeart radio station channels. See if you know the answers to some of the questions we asked! Answers are listed at the bottom of the blog post.
- What is the symbol in the Extraco logo?
- How many generations of family management has Extraco been under?
- Over the past decade, how much has Extraco donated to various causes across Central Texas?
A Deeper Look Into How We Operate
Day In The Life - We take you behind the scenes to see what a day in the life is like for our relationship bankers! From helping a customer get a new debit card through our curbside delivery service to helping a customer with an insurance quote, you get to see how providing a superior customer experience is the goal of each Extraco employee!
Banking Innovation - Hear from two of our executives, Chris Kincaid and Misti Mostiller. Chris and Misti talk about how innovation is integrated into day-to-day operations at Extraco and give insight into some of our innovative technology! As a community bank, we’re proud to have Extraco leadership understand the importance of innovation and continue to implement innovative technology for our employees and customers to use.
Self-Directed Services - Krista Rosas, AVP & Manager of Self-Directed Services, details how our self-directed services, commonly known as a call center, is a full extension of our branches! Not only do our call center employees help customers with resetting their account passwords, but they also can open accounts! We’re proud to have a fully dedicated center to make sure our customers get the help they need as quickly as possible.
Throughout the week, we hosted food trucks at some of our branch locations with delicious food truck treats! Treats ranged from Italian ice to hand-squeezed lemonade to chicken & waffles. We love having food trucks come to our branches to serve not only our customers, but our employees too!
We wouldn't have made it to 118 years without our customers, employees and community support across Central Texas. We're proud to continue serving people, businesses and communities, and look forward to the next 118 years!
- The symbol in the Extraco logo is the eagle. The eagle in our logo represents strength and stability – since 1902, Extraco has grown to more than $1.5 billion in assets and remained stable throughout the economic environment
- Extraco has been under three generations of family management. Family First isn’t just a value of ours, it is the way we do business with our customers!
- Over the past decade, Extraco had donated $8.6 million to various causes across Central Texas. Our mission is to build people, businesses and communities with creative and innovative excellence. Our donations focus on three mission impact categories: community outreach, entrepreneurship and financial literacy.