Fraud Alert Management
Prevent and stop unauthorized use of your Extraco debit card.
Keep your account secure with Fraud Alerts.
Updates to Fraud Alerts are here!
Now, you’re able to automatically self-resolve any fraud issues. You are contacted via text message, phone call and email if there is suspected fraud on your account. All you need to do is respond directly to the text, call or email! Below is the new Fraud Alert process:
- Your card is suspended to prevent any further transactions
- You'll receive a text message from the number 96923 asking you to verify or reject the transaction in question
- If you do not respond to the text message within five minutes, the same message is sent to you via email
- If you do not respond to the email within five minutes, you will receive a phone call from the number 800.237.8990
- If you miss the text message, email and phone call, you need to call 855.293.2456 to confirm or reject the transaction and unlock your card
Update your contact information!
It is important we have your most up-to-date phone number and email for your accounts so you're properly notified if suspected fraud occurs on your debit card. Please use the form below to update your personal account! The email address and mobile phone number you use to complete the form below will update your contact information across all of your accounts automatically. If you wish to have different contact information for some of your accounts, please call 1.866.EXTRACO (398.7226) and a Relationship Banker will be more than happy to help you.
Important phone numbers to save in your phone!
- 96923: number from which you’ll receive the text message
- 800.237.8990: number from which you’ll receive the phone call to verify the transaction
- 855.293.2456: number to call back if you missed the call to confirm your transaction(s) and also the number you call if you have any questions related to fraud alerts
Frequently Asked Fraud Alert Questions
Q: How do I update my contact information to make sure I receive Fraud Alerts?
A: You can complete this secure webform to update your contact information for your personal accounts. Remember, the information you submit will be updated across all of your accounts. You can also call 1.866.EXTRACO (398.7226) and speak to a Relationship Banker who will be more than happy to assist you!
Q: What if I don't have a home phone? Will I still receive Fraud Alert communication?
A: Yes! If you do not have a phone number, you will still receive an email, text message and a call to your mobile device.
Q: If I need to dispute a transaction, who do I call?
A: You will call Extraco's Call Center. You can reach our Call Center by dialing 866.EXTRACO (398.7226).
Read more Fraud Alert FAQs Read our Resource Article
Have a new debit card? Update your subscriptions using our CardSwap feature!
Use CardSwap to easily update your payment information for apps and websites like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and more.Learn More