Am I eligible for a Brazos Parent Loan?
To be eligible for a Brazos Parent Loan, you must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or National, or a non-citizen with government-issued, non-expired documentation of permanent resident status, or if applying with an Eligible Cosigner, a non-citizen with a work or student visa
- Be a Texas resident and be at least the age 18 years old
- Be applying to finance the education of a student who is enrolled at least half-time in a degree-granting program at one of over 2,000 schools nation-wide
- Apply for an amount that is certified by the school your student is attending
- Have a verified income and a strong credit history
- Demonstrate the ability to support the repayment of the new loan